Thursday, January 21, 2010

HOLD ON!

This month's ENSIGN has an article by President Uchtdorf called "Hold On a Little Longer." It's just what I needed to hear. It is easy to become discouraged, to lose faith and start to fear when none of your life plans seem to be sticking. There were 2 other times in my life when I was unemployed and desperately seeking for a job to help replenish my savings and fill my life with something to do. Both times, just in the nick of time, I was finally able to find work. I knew because it happened before that it would happen again if I could just be patient. Kameron and I were talking about it on Wednesday, how something would come up and I just need to wait for it and not let myself break. Oh, did I mention that Kameron and I are dating....again? We dated for two and half years before he left on his mission, and about a year in I wrote him off. I feel really bad about that, but it was the right thing for me to do at the time. But, I begged for his forgiveness :) and now we are dating again! I love that he's home. He was my bestfriend for those two and a half years and it feels so good to have him back.

Anyway, back to being patient...The next day after Kameron and I had our be patient discussion, I was offered a job at BYU that I interviewed for last week. I am a Program Assistant for the Continue Education, Conferences and Workshops division. I'll be working full time, all year, on preparing for BYU's Education Week. I think it is my dream job and I am so excited about it. Knowing that I'll be working for a solid, sturdy, honest, organization and for good, honest men (one of whom is in the Stake Presidency in my parent's stake) is so comforting. To me, that is worth more than all the money in the world.

So, holding on a little longer has proved its course. Heavenly Father has been preparing me for these blessings and I'm grateful he has trusted me with them. So now I've got Kameron, and a great job, and the peace of knowing that Heavenly Father hears and answers my prayers, and that if I will endure hard times faithfully and with patience, He will bless me in the end beyond my capacity to understand. YAY!!!

This is our midget-of-a snowman.


Don't we look cute......?

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Ha ha. You two should be models...wow. Congrats again on the job! I'm glad life's at a good, happy moment...enjoy it! It seems like there's always another challenge, another decision to make, another trial...but that's what helps us appreciate times like these. That "hold on!" message is one that will be needed time and again.

Marcindra LaPriel said...

:) <--- This pretty much sums it all up.

YOUR BOY IS HOME!

Andy Porter said...

Now how did we miss seeing this post until today!?! We are so happy for you!! That job sounds completely PERFECT!! What a huge blessing. Congrats on you and Kameron too! And how come your midget snowman is taller than you? J/K.

Yay for Abby-land!!

I AM PECULIAR (this is a permanent post. If you have already read it, scroll down to see my latest)

Those of you who read my blog could probably make a list of all the reasons that you think I am a bit peculiar. No worries, I would be the first to shout an amen to everything you could think of. I know I’m peculiar; but let me tell you the number one thing on my list that I think makes me a peculiar person.

I know where I come from, why I am here and where I am going. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Some of you will know me as a “Mormon” although that is just a nickname. The word ‘Saint’ just means ‘member’ in this context. I believe in God the Eternal Father, that I am a daughter of God, and that He loves me and wants me to be happy. I believe in my Savior Jesus Christ who lived a perfect life, atoned for my sins, died and was resurrected all that I might enjoy the blessing of being forgiven of my sins, and having my body and spirit reunited after death. I know that just as God called prophets in the Old and New Testament times that He has in fact called a prophet to lead and guide us today. I believe that families can live together for eternity; death does not have to be the end of our relationships with the ones we love. Some of you may wonder how on earth I can know these things. As I learn more and more from the Bible and other scriptures and actually live what I learn I see the promises the Lord has made being fulfilled in my life, and I feel the Holy Spirit bear witness that these things are true.

I know, I’m peculiar, but thankfully there are over 13 million other peculiar members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and with each year that number grows. I feel so much joy and happiness in my life because of this knowledge. If you want to know more depth about anything I have said that makes me peculiar, visit www.mormon.org. This website explains in detail much of what I have just professed to believe and more.