Saturday, February 27, 2010

Where Have You Been?

Dear readers, why have none of you been commenting on my blog posts the last couple of weeks? It really makes a girl feel sad when no one comments on her blog. Only kidding, I haven't written a blog post in over a month...woops, I have been busy. Today I had to say no to seeing Avatar in 3D just so I could have time to write on my blog. Hopefully the world of blogs has not fallen apart in my absence.

A few things: For my job I sat at a booth in the Wilkinson Center (the main student center at BYU) trying to recruit volunteers for BYU's Scouting Merit Badge PowWow. If you can guess, my booth is never as happening as the booths all around me that have candy or cheerleaders and gymnasts. I do have free t-shirts to offer, but only AFTER attending a meeting, which, who wants to do that?? It is hilarious though to sit and watch people pass by my booth, read the sign that says "BYU Merit Badge PowWow Counselors Needed" and then make this awful face that I'm guessing has something to do with the way they feel about scouting. I don't get it, my older brothers LOVE scouting and would jump up right away to volunteer for anything Scout related....right guys? Maybe I have that backwards. During my watch at the booth I saw a 24-ish year old guy wearing a fanny pack. Two days later, I saw him again wearing the same fanny pack! I shuttered with disgust both times and still can't get it out of my mind. I used to get SO embarassed when my mom would even suggest that I wear a fanny pack on my field trip to the zoo or museum or something. I don't know what it is, but me and fanny packs just don't mesh.

Bad news: I hurt my knee. It's the darn miniscus. I have been doing physical therapy, taking perscription strength Aleve, and wearing a knee brace. I have also NOT been running. It is making me really sad. Lately the physical therapist said I could run a mile on it, unless it started hurting and then I have to stop. I have been able to do it maybe 3 times out of 6. Everytime I have to stop, I get upset. I JUST WANT TO RUN! Hopefully my knee will be healed enough by the time the weather starts getting really nice and staying light later.

My sister's husband got a job in Oregon so they are moving. They have lived in American Fork (15 minutes away from me) for 2 years. I'm really sad to see them go, I'll really miss their family a lot, but I'm grateful they have such a good opportunity. They don't have a house yet so I think they will live on the streets, which will also be a good learning experience for everyone. ha ha. J/k, they'll have temporary housing until they do find a house.

I finally cleaned my room, and my car (thanks to Kameron's help on that one), so my next goal is to stay more up to date on my blog life.


We went to a big band dance at the Orem Institute Valentines weekend. It was SOO fun. Everyone was dressed formally and we danced to the live big band all night long!


Here we are (me and Kameron) looking stunning, as always.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, you two are just soooo cute!!!

Bullock said...

I'd be a scout volunteer, can girls do it? Speaking of girls and scouts... mmm, girl scout cookies!

What's up with Kaleb? Did I spell his name right? All the Porter's are growing up and moving out of state, what's the little guy doin?

Marcindra LaPriel said...

THANK HEAVENS! You're alive!

And you had better be at the NZ reunion this month. *scowl*

Don't you dare miss it!

Andy Porter said...

Does it make you nervous that anonymous people are telling you that you're cute?

Well, in any case, you are cute. And you and Kameron make a very handsome couple(Is that the right way to say that?). Sorry your knee is being a pain. Dang those miniscus...es things.

I AM PECULIAR (this is a permanent post. If you have already read it, scroll down to see my latest)

Those of you who read my blog could probably make a list of all the reasons that you think I am a bit peculiar. No worries, I would be the first to shout an amen to everything you could think of. I know I’m peculiar; but let me tell you the number one thing on my list that I think makes me a peculiar person.

I know where I come from, why I am here and where I am going. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Some of you will know me as a “Mormon” although that is just a nickname. The word ‘Saint’ just means ‘member’ in this context. I believe in God the Eternal Father, that I am a daughter of God, and that He loves me and wants me to be happy. I believe in my Savior Jesus Christ who lived a perfect life, atoned for my sins, died and was resurrected all that I might enjoy the blessing of being forgiven of my sins, and having my body and spirit reunited after death. I know that just as God called prophets in the Old and New Testament times that He has in fact called a prophet to lead and guide us today. I believe that families can live together for eternity; death does not have to be the end of our relationships with the ones we love. Some of you may wonder how on earth I can know these things. As I learn more and more from the Bible and other scriptures and actually live what I learn I see the promises the Lord has made being fulfilled in my life, and I feel the Holy Spirit bear witness that these things are true.

I know, I’m peculiar, but thankfully there are over 13 million other peculiar members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and with each year that number grows. I feel so much joy and happiness in my life because of this knowledge. If you want to know more depth about anything I have said that makes me peculiar, visit www.mormon.org. This website explains in detail much of what I have just professed to believe and more.