Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I Knew It.

The first time I remember meeting Kameron I immediately had a crush on him. I guess that is only half true. What I thought was my first time meeting him actually wasn't. We took a Driver’s Ed class together the summer before my junior year. I can’t remember him from that class AT all. I remember our friend Mickey was in the same class, but not Kameron. Oops. It was his smile that got me hooked. There was something in the way he smiled at me when I met him as we were passing each other in the hall...it told me he was a good person. I knew right away that I wanted to be around him more. I wrote in my journal about 5 months after our hall meeting that I found the person I wanted to marry, and his name was Kameron Watson (that was in 2005, near the end of my Junior year).

It was kind of that same way when I saw him again for the first time after his mission. I just knew right away that I wanted to be with him again. Something about Kameron speaks to my soul ( I know the doctrine of ‘soul-mates’ is wrong—that’s not what I’m talking about here). For all the time that I have been near Kameron, I have felt such a strong connection. When he left on his mission the connection diminished, I mean, come on, he was gone for 2 years…what can you expect? Really, I still get sad every time we talk about the fact that I sent him a ‘Dear John’. I almost blew it, but he forgave me.

The purpose of this post is to tell you about my Wedding Dress shopping experience. When I walked into our 4th dress shop of the day, I saw it. It spoke to my soul. The worker, Jill, took it right off the mannequin and brought it to my dressing room. It was beautiful! It doesn't have any lace or beads or jewels or anything-- it's just simple and elegant, and I fell in love. It was a fun experience and I'm glad I found the right dress, and the right man. I love you my dear Watson!

9 comments:

Sarah said...

I really can't handle posts like these...yuck!

Abby Watson said...

oh come on sarah, grow up :). Remember how we sometimes watch Disney Channel Original movies and we squeal through the whole thing???? I love that about you.

Andy Porter said...

I happen to love posts like this! Bring on the mush!!

Andy Porter said...

Mush?! Moosh?! Whatever. I like it.

Valerie said...

Abby Watson. I like it.

Kameron said...

I like it too!!!!!hehe.

Betsy said...

guuuuuhrooosssss!

Jenny said...

What's with all these mush-haters?? I say you post a picture of you and Kameron snogging! That'll get 'em riled up.

Russell said...

Wait, doctrine of soul mates is wrong? Since when?

I AM PECULIAR (this is a permanent post. If you have already read it, scroll down to see my latest)

Those of you who read my blog could probably make a list of all the reasons that you think I am a bit peculiar. No worries, I would be the first to shout an amen to everything you could think of. I know I’m peculiar; but let me tell you the number one thing on my list that I think makes me a peculiar person.

I know where I come from, why I am here and where I am going. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Some of you will know me as a “Mormon” although that is just a nickname. The word ‘Saint’ just means ‘member’ in this context. I believe in God the Eternal Father, that I am a daughter of God, and that He loves me and wants me to be happy. I believe in my Savior Jesus Christ who lived a perfect life, atoned for my sins, died and was resurrected all that I might enjoy the blessing of being forgiven of my sins, and having my body and spirit reunited after death. I know that just as God called prophets in the Old and New Testament times that He has in fact called a prophet to lead and guide us today. I believe that families can live together for eternity; death does not have to be the end of our relationships with the ones we love. Some of you may wonder how on earth I can know these things. As I learn more and more from the Bible and other scriptures and actually live what I learn I see the promises the Lord has made being fulfilled in my life, and I feel the Holy Spirit bear witness that these things are true.

I know, I’m peculiar, but thankfully there are over 13 million other peculiar members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and with each year that number grows. I feel so much joy and happiness in my life because of this knowledge. If you want to know more depth about anything I have said that makes me peculiar, visit www.mormon.org. This website explains in detail much of what I have just professed to believe and more.