Saturday, August 29, 2009

Racoons, Fire, 20 Miles, and a Crush

RACCOON Crossing!!! I swear every animal in Provo has been genetically mutated to tolerate people a lot more than animals in most places in the country/world. I see deer, ducks and now raccoons just hanging out at their pleasure no matter who is around.


This is fire. I went to a bonfire last night. It was fun. I made new friends and roasted starbursts.


This is me being weird and my new roommate Erika (notice the fire behind us, we worked hard for that).

So we look like dead people, but the funny part of this picture is the stranger in the background who is absolutely LOVING her chip.

This is what Jenny and I look like after running 20 MILES and eating french toast & egg sandwiches and Kneaders.


These are my new running shoes. Brooks Ravenna. The guy at Runner's Corner who sold them to me was real excited about them (they're a new shoe and he thinks they're awesome). So I may have left the store with a slight crush on him. Jenny said she has to go to Runner's Corner sometime this week to buy socks---needless to say, I'll be going with her :).


When the Runner's Corner guy was talking to me about my shoes he told me the best thing about Brooks is they give this special advertisement in every box of shoes. It is paper that you can plant that will turn into a flower. I think that's cool, and I think I'll give it a try.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I think I need to get some shot blocks, too, but we should take two separate trips so we can, um, spend more quality time together.

Valerie said...

Did you run 20 miles for fun or was it just an excuse to wear out your shoes so you could go buy new ones?

Andy Porter said...

YOU RAN 20 MILES??? AWESOME!! I need to see a pic of this box flower someday. Good luck with shoe crush boy.

I AM PECULIAR (this is a permanent post. If you have already read it, scroll down to see my latest)

Those of you who read my blog could probably make a list of all the reasons that you think I am a bit peculiar. No worries, I would be the first to shout an amen to everything you could think of. I know I’m peculiar; but let me tell you the number one thing on my list that I think makes me a peculiar person.

I know where I come from, why I am here and where I am going. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Some of you will know me as a “Mormon” although that is just a nickname. The word ‘Saint’ just means ‘member’ in this context. I believe in God the Eternal Father, that I am a daughter of God, and that He loves me and wants me to be happy. I believe in my Savior Jesus Christ who lived a perfect life, atoned for my sins, died and was resurrected all that I might enjoy the blessing of being forgiven of my sins, and having my body and spirit reunited after death. I know that just as God called prophets in the Old and New Testament times that He has in fact called a prophet to lead and guide us today. I believe that families can live together for eternity; death does not have to be the end of our relationships with the ones we love. Some of you may wonder how on earth I can know these things. As I learn more and more from the Bible and other scriptures and actually live what I learn I see the promises the Lord has made being fulfilled in my life, and I feel the Holy Spirit bear witness that these things are true.

I know, I’m peculiar, but thankfully there are over 13 million other peculiar members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and with each year that number grows. I feel so much joy and happiness in my life because of this knowledge. If you want to know more depth about anything I have said that makes me peculiar, visit www.mormon.org. This website explains in detail much of what I have just professed to believe and more.